Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dress Modestly in the UAE

 
There has been a lot of discussion regarding UAE have a 'dress code'. Recently Emirati's have commented on the way people should dress modestly in the UAE and respect the culture and religion of the host country.
A campaign was launched by two Emirati ladies on twitter : UAEDressCode.
One of their comments was:
As a guest, you're welcomed to our country and everything you think of is provided to you. So be grateful & show some respect to the people. 

I agree that people should dress modestly in the UAE. Now I would never enforce my views on anyone else but I believe people should respect others and cover up! I have a lot of British non-Muslim friends who mostly dress modestly. At my workplace people are sent home if they are wearing revealing clothing. One colleague came into work dressed like she was going to the beach...another colleague mentioned that she would not go to work in the UK like that so why would she do that in the UAE?

I read an interesting article about the topic in the Khaleej Times which gives expat's views on the topic too.
The famous Expat women website also has a guide to the Dubai dress code.



4 comments:

  1. Malabsy deals in all kind of dresses in uae, party dresses in uae, online dresses, sports shoes in uae, you can buy party dresses in dubai and also sports shoes dresses in dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for modesty and I think they did good by having a 'dress code' which is not that strict, in my opinion. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post!
    Wedding Dresses Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like you post good blog,Thanks for your sharing.
    click here

    ReplyDelete